PET or PP sheet thermoforming plastic box which is better?
PET plastic sheets and PP plastic sheets can be made into various packaging boxes through the thermoforming process. Then they are also blister boxes for packaging. Which one is better, PET or PP blister packaging boxes?
In fact, the two of them are not comparable, because PET and PP belong to two different blister materials, and their material properties are different, and the blister boxes made of these two sheet materials are also different. .
In terms of color
The common color of PP material is white, black or natural color (ie milky white). In the sheet blister, the PP material is not transparent, and the most transparent is only the translucent milky white.
And PET is only common in transparent color, and rarely uses black or white.
The melting point of PP material is as high as 167°C, and it is the only blister material that can be heated in a microwave oven. And it can also withstand low temperatures of minus 35 ° C, so PP plastic packaging boxes are very suitable for cooked food, cold meat, seafood and other foods that need to be heated or need to be refrigerated.
The PET material is easily deformed when heated to 70 ° C, and will produce substances that are harmful to the human body, so the PET blister box is suitable for fruit, vegetable salad and other things that can be eaten without heating.
Advantages of PET packaging boxes
1. It has good mechanical properties, the impact strength is 3~5 times that of other films, and the folding resistance is good;
2. Oil resistance, fat resistance, alkanoic acid resistance, dilute alkali resistance, resistance to most solvents;
3. It has excellent high and low temperature resistance, can be used for a long time in the temperature range of 120 °C, can withstand high temperature of 150 °C in short-term use, and can withstand low temperature of -70 °C, and has little impact on its mechanical properties at high and low temperatures;
4. Low gas and water vapor permeability, with excellent gas barrier, water, oil and odor properties;
5. High transparency, can block ultraviolet rays, and have good gloss;
6. Non-toxic, tasteless, good hygiene and safety, can be directly used for food packaging;
To sum up, there is no best blister packaging box, only the most suitable blister packaging!