Polyethylene terephthalate is a polymeric material that is the most widely recycled plastic in the world. PET plastic sheet
is a transparent, strong, abrasion-resistant, high-impact and corrosion-resistant, environmentally friendly and lightweight plastic with a wide range of uses.
PET is widely used in soft drinks and disposable water bottles. Through the thermoforming process, PET plastic sheet
can be made into various packaging box products: food trays, electronic product packaging, gift packaging boxes, toy packaging, etc., which are widely used.
PET is approved by the FDA and health safety agencies around the world as a safe material for contact with food and beverages. Can be recycled repeatedly, very environmentally friendly. Due to its unique properties, PET plastic sheet
is fast becoming the world's preferred food and beverage packaging material. Like glass, it is a very strong and inert material that does not react with food, resists attack by microorganisms and does not biodegrade. But unlike glass, PET is extremely lightweight, easy to transport and highly shatterproof. Compared to alternative materials such as glass bottles, PET has the lowest carbon footprint.
PET is versatile and there are many benefits to using clear PET plastic sheet
as product packaging. Such as:
● It allows for more creative packaging designs. PET can be used to manufacture boxes in a variety of standard (such as cubes or rectangles) or unique shapes (such as pyramids, purses, or custom sizes).
● It exhibits barrier-like properties. Unlike other packaging materials such as cardboard, PET allows the box to retain its shape and integrity when exposed to moisture.
● It produces sturdy but lightweight containers. PET plastic is strong and lightweight. As a result, boxes made from it can withstand more wear and tear while taking up less space in storage and shipping facilities. The reduction in packaging weight can reduce shipping costs, reduce storage space and reduce environmental footprint.
● It maintains an inherently food-safe formula. PET is safe to use in the packaging of food and beverage products. PET resin does not degrade when in contact with food, making it a popular choice for food packaging.
● It is a sustainable material choice. PET is highly recyclable. It can be recycled over and over without losing its properties.