Food-grade plastics are all materials that meet the national food safety requirements, and will not produce toxic substances during use. The food processing industry is one of the most widely used industries for plastic products, because food is the material closest to people's lives, and the variety of food is very rich and wide. There are many applications of food-grade plastic products, mainly in the outer packaging of food. Commonly used food grade plastics are:
1. PET plastic is often used to make plastic boxes, beverage bottles and other products. The transparent fruit boxes and cake boxes that people often buy are packaging products made of PET sheets and are food-grade safe plastic materials.
2. PP plastic is one of the common plastics, which can be made into any plastic packaging for food, such as special plastic bags for food, plastic boxes for food, straws for food, etc. It is safe, non-toxic and has good low temperature and high temperature resistance.
PP is the only plastic that can be heated in a microwave oven and has high strength and folding resistance. Food-grade PP sheets are often used for the packaging of quick-frozen dumplings and microwave-heated foods.
3. HDPE plastic is commonly known as high-density polyethylene, which has higher operating temperature, hardness, mechanical strength and chemical resistance. It is a non-toxic and safe material and is often used in the production of plastic food containers.
4. LDPE plastic is commonly known as low density polyethylene. The products made of it have the characteristics of tasteless, odorless, non-toxic and dull surface. Commonly used in plastic parts for food, composite film for food packaging, food cling film, medicine, pharmaceutical plastic packaging, etc.
5. PS is often used to make bowl instant noodle boxes, fast food boxes, disposable food packaging boxes, etc., and has good cold resistance. Food grade PS sheets are commonly used in containers such as yogurt cups.
6. PC plastic can be used to make sports water cups, bottles, etc. It is widely used in the production of plastic containers and is a safe material.
7. PVC is currently widely used, and there are potential safety hazards: it is easy to deform, dissolve and release when using this material at high temperature, and it is not suitable to bake at high temperature.
8. BOPP has high transparency, strong tensile strength, and is not easy to deform. It is mainly used for printing food packaging, tea bags, clothing packaging, product packaging, etc.